CALLING ALL SCOTTISH ELECTED MEMBERS
During the early months of 2019, the Digital Office for Scottish Local Government, in partnership with the Improvement Service, issued a survey to all Elected Members in Scotland, to look at how we can take their requirements and thoughts forward using Scottish Approach to Service Design and co-design a programme which aims to:
- Help create awareness of the positive outcomes digital could have for Elected Members and their constituents;
- Educate and inform how digital is crucial to the success of delivering front line services in a more efficient and cost effective way;
- Inform Elected Members on finding more uses from valuable data and statistics available within their Local Authority.
Following the analysis of this survey, we have produced one of our brand new 'Heartbeat Project Marketing Packs' which details some of the key findings from the survey and also summarises the benefits, challenges and resources we require to progress with co-designing this programme.
We are also hosting an exciting workshop, in partnership with the Improvement Service, which will:
- Further explore the Elected Members Digital Maturity Survey results from early 2019;
- Facilitate co-designing the backlog for Elected Members Digital Leadership and Skills Programme;
- To inspire and create appetite for Elected Members as Digital Leaders;
- To increase knowledge of SCVO Essential Skills, Service Design, DDAT, Digital Champions so Elected Members can support their Councils and Communities.
This workshop is for Elected Members and officers who lead/support the development of Elected Members within Scottish Local Government only.
Date: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Time: 10:30am - 3pm
Venue: University of Strathclyde,The Technology and Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD
If you are interested in getting involved or would like to be kept updated on the progress of the project, please complete our Heartbeat Project registration form.