Both the Scottish Government and UK Government have Cyber Security strategies that set expectations for Local Government in Scotland.
This project sees the Digital Office Chief Information Security Officer work with the Scottish Government to influence and link Local Government Security requirements and priorities with the wider Scottish Government Cyber Security framework. This will establish standardisation across the whole of Scottish Public Sector to address the ever-increasing risks with Cyber Attacks.
To date, this project has produced:
- Cyber Capability Maturity Model (Model levels and question set);
- Public Sector Action Plan Progress Report;
- Compliance Matrix for UK and Scottish Cyber Security strategies;
- Common standards and guidance;
- Toolkit Requirements
- Improving Authentication at Renfrewshire Council Case Study - Case study on how innovative, low-cost changes to authentication at Renfrewshire Council has improved the user experience for staff.
Our Chief Information Security Officer is engaging with cyber security colleagues across the sector however if you would like to join this collaboration or access any of the materials listed above, please get in touch.