Show & Tell - F07 Mobile & Flexible Working
Our F07 Mobile and Flexible Working project looks to promote and support mobile and flexible working across Scottish local government - looking at the ways in which increased adoption might lead to both cost reductions and service delivery efficiencies.
Project lead Nigel Jones from Aberdeenshire Council will be hosting a 59 min Show & Tell session to explore the project deliverables, what has been produced to date and what is next for the project.
The deliverables include:
- Collaboration Space - Establish a practitioner community to share best practice, policies and case studies covering flexible working, enterprise mobility, bring your own device and unified communication;
- Mobile Architecture - Develop a mobile architecture model including a roadmap with key building blocks and design principles;
- Case Study Library - Assess the approaches taken by those councils who have more mature programmes against cost, benefits returned, contribution to service delivery transformation, potential barriers including mobile coverage, digital skills and system integration and publish best practice;
- Collaboration Directory - Publish a directory detailing setup and contacts for collaboration, federation and unified communication;
Enterprise Mobility Gap Analysis - Collate current state and future plans of all authorities against the agreed mobile architecture model and publish in the collaboration space;
- Mobile Apps Catalogue - Publish a list of mobile applications which have been bought, adapted or developed by councils with details of business use, technology dependencies and contact details along with lessons learned to cover both successes and failures;
- Office 365 Inter-Tenant Collaboration - Explore ways in which councils which have an O365 tenancy can collaborate and work more effectively together using O365 tools.
This agile technique ensures projects are heading in the right direction and provides an opportunity to receive feedback and help shape the future direction of these deliverables.
As your local authority is a member of the Digital Partnership, you are invited to join the session via Skype on Thursday 1 November at 10am.
If you would like to participate, please email email@example.com to receive the Skype invitation. Please note that this session will be recorded and published for anyone who is unable to attend.
We would also encourage you to share this invitation with relevant colleagues within your organisation that would benefit from this project.